DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY NOTICE
GDPR requires Venitt and Greaves (“the Firm”) to provide this notice which sets out how the Firm will process personal information which it receives. Where your details are provided to the Firm as a consequence of your engagement with it, we will process your personal information or, if applicable, that of your directors, officers, employees and/or beneficial owners.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Your personal data may be processed by the Firm (or any of its affiliates, agents, employees or delegates) to comply with specific legislation only for the following purposes:-
- In order to carry out anti-money laundering checks and related actions which the Firm considers appropriate to comply with legal obligations imposed upon it.
- To report tax related information to tax authorities in order to comply with a legal obligation; to record electronic communications for the verification of instructions, investigations and fraud prevention purposes; crime detection prevention, investigation and prosecution; to enforce rights or defend the Firm and its affiliates directly or through third parties to comply with any legal obligation imposed; to pursue the Firm’s legitimate interest in relation to such matters or where the processing is in the public interest.
- To disclose information to other third parties such as service providers of the Firm including regulatory authorities, payroll bureaus, technology providers, in order to comply with any legal obligation imposed on the Firm or to fulfil the services included in your Engagement Letter with the Firm.
- To update and maintain records.
THE FIRM MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:–
- To its service providers and affiliates and other third-party service providers engaged by the Firm in order to process the data for the above-mentioned purposes.
- To competent authorities (including tax authorities), courts and bodies as required by law or requested by any regulatory authority.
The disclosure of personal information to a third party set out above may involve the transfer of data to jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR. Such countries may not have the same data protection laws as the EEA. The Firm has sought confirmation from such parties that they comply with GDPR. The Firm has not verified the compliance referred to above and cannot be held responsible if any party does not comply with GDPR.
The Firm will retain your personal information for as long as required for it to perform services included within your Engagement Letter with the Firm, or such longer period as may be required by its legal, professional and other obligations.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your personal information:-
- The right to access your personal information;
- The right to rectify your personal information;
- The right to restrict the use of your personal information (in certain specific circumstances);
- The right to request that your personal information is erased (in certain specific circumstances);
- The right to object to processing of your personal information (in certain specific circumstances);
- The right to data portability (in certain specific circumstances).
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data relating to you, carried out by the Firm, or its service providers, infringes the General Data Protection Regulation.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have any questions about our use of your personal information, then please contact Malcolm Venitt at email@example.com.